June 22, 2011

Fête de la Musique


It was the World Music Day yesterday.
The atmosphere in Paris this night was awesome. The city was overcrowded, very lively, almost unrecognizable.
On my way back home in the subway, there was a man (drunk for sure) on the other side of the platform.
He was singing with his acoustic guitar a song about Rock 'n' Roll. It was just magical. The atmosphere was quite melancholic this time, fitting my mood perfectly. He was really singing with his soul, that's the way I felt. At the end of the song, he started to say wonderful things about music, the way it can only bring love and cannot harm. Then he stood up and said we could throw him some coins above the gap between the platforms, that he could try to catch them. It was pretty funny... Then he became to insult us as no one was sending him money.
I abruptly came back to reality and short after the train was coming...
I will definitely miss Paris.

No comments: